North Country Public Radio, based in Canton, New York, is seeking a Production Manager/On Air Host. We’re looking for a talented and motivated individual to help lead our dynamic team into the next generation of public media. The successful candidate will be a key afternoon voice of a high-achieving, influential local station, and will play a critical role in content creation for broadcast and digital platforms. Excellent organizational and communication abilities required, as well as a firm understanding and commitment to the mission and responsibilities of public broadcasting. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
North Country Public Radio is a multiple award-winning station with a national reputation. Our reporters contribute regularly to the NPR news magazines and other public radio programs. Licensed to St. Lawrence University, a private liberal arts college, we serve a vast region of northern New York State including the Adirondacks and the 1000 Islands regions through a network of 33 transmitters. We connect the communities of the North Country through the news and cultural stories we find and share, and through our commitment to live, people-first radio and innovative web presence. The station is dedicated to producing original content on both digital and broadcast platforms that tells the story of our region and connects the varied and diverse communities we serve.
Leads and manages NCPR’s audio and video production projects, creates content, and carries responsibility for production standards and quality. Serves as All Things Considered host several days each week.
• Produces audio and video features for digital and broadcast platforms
• Serves as a resource for station staff on audio and video production issues
• Hosts All Things Considered, two to four days per week, and other air shifts as needed
• Partners with Operations Director to record, edit and program continuity for evening and weekend automation.
• Records and produces content for local fundraising and other initiatives
• Working with reporters and other staff, serves as engineer and producer for special projects
• Engineers occasional in-studio call-ins
• Manages and engineers occasional remote broadcasts
• Records underwriting credits for broadcast as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Interested applicants must submit their application online, here: https://employment.stlawu.edu/postings/1403
Please include a cover letter, resume, three samples of your best work, including an air check and audio and/or video production, and a list of 3 professional references. These documents can be uploaded in the “Applicant Documents” section of your application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.