Northern California Public Media (NCPM) is currently seeking a TV Traffic Coordinator for the Television department. Based in Sonoma County, CA, NCPM serves the San Francisco region. Comprised of two public television stations, KRCB and KPJK, and one public radio station, KRCB FM, NCPM offers PBS and NPR programming to the community.
The Traffic Coordinator works with various departments and individuals in an organization to ensure materials and resources flow through the company in a timely manner. Traffic coordinators must have good planning skills and the ability to anticipate problems and develop a plan of action to prevent delays in the organization's workflow. Traffic Coordinators must communicate with individuals at different levels in the organization. Individuals who excel at troubleshooting problems, managing schedules, and coordinating multiple activities at the same time are well suited for a position as a Traffic Coordinator.
NCPM is looking for someone enthusiastic, organized, reliable, and results- and detail-oriented who demonstrates the drive to succeed. Analytical and critical thinking skills, along with good judgment and the ability to follow instructions are of paramount importance. Strong communications skills, both written and oral, are essential. This position will work under the supervision of the Television Program Manager.
- Assemble the daily record log: schedule records and reconcile the record log daily.
- Assist in the finalization and export of broadcast logs.
- Prepare and distribute the scheduled program listings.
- Consult with Program Manager on program/schedule matters.
- Assist Program Manager in inserting scheduled programs.
- Monitor communications sites for program advisories, repackaged feed and schedule change announcements.
- Liaison between departments—programming and master control.
- Update program offers as needed by deleting old packaged media, ensuring rights and program lengths are correct, and programs are flagged as needed.
- Maintain a monthly library purge and ensure programs are archived as needed.
- Assist with getting dubs, retrieving missing programs, and ingesting programs into server.
- Answer viewer emails and phone calls related to programs and the program schedule.
- Assist Program Manager with special projects and other related duties as required.
- Able to handle stressful situations.
- Able to execute tasks with a high degree of accuracy under tight deadlines.
- Able to work independently, and to effectively interact with other team members.
- Able to multitask and prioritize.
- Able to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills (must be proficient in using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook); adept at maintaining databases and documents.
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role as a Traffic Coordinator or Administrative Specialist a plus.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Self-starter who can manage their own work flow.
- Can-do attitude with the ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Experience with Myers ProTrack software a plus.
Apply via email with cover letter, resume (include your physical address, not just an email), and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject heading “Traffic—CPB”. Position open until filled. No phone calls. This is an in-house position, full-time (40 hours/week, M-F). Benefits offered—medical, dental, and 403B. Non-profit. EEO.
NCPM does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities. Website: www.norcalpublicmedia.org