Reporting to the Executive Director, and serving as an integral member of the management team, this position will be responsible for the development of OETA's communication strategy and will contribute to OETA's organizational strategic planning process. The Director of Communications will manage communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization's brand reputation. The position will also be responsible for OETA's varied and integrated communications products and services including: newsletters and other print publications; Web, E-news and other online communications; media and public relations; and marketing.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance OETA’s brand identity
- Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow OETA’s leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers
- Oversee development of all OETA’s print communications including the annual report, marketing collateral materials and electronic communications including OETA’s website and new media; manage relationships with associated vendors
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required, an advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior management role
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance organization's mission and goals
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized
- A minimum of five years’ experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print and electronic publications and directories
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output; Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with management team, OETA’s Board of Directors and other staff
- Passion for OETA’s mission
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs and have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license
Send cover letter, application and resume to OETA, Human Resources, P.O. Box 14190, Oklahoma City, OK 73113, (405) 848-8501 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be downloaded from www.oeta.tv or in person at 7403 N Kelley Avenue, Oklahoma City.