Director, Sponsorship Sales for Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting
90.5 WESA and 91.3 WYEP
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated, high-impact media sales executive to do work that matters by leading sponsorship sales for Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting’s radio stations 90.5 WESA and 91.3 WYEP, and on our digital and event platforms.
The Director, Sponsorship Sales plays a critical role in helping our stations achieve their revenue targets through broadcasting and integrated digital media programs for corporate sponsors.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall accountability for Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting’s sponsorship department, a staff of four and their performance against revenue goals.
- Bringing sound sales management expertise and rigor when applying sales tools and disciplined management approaches to the work.
- Directing local sales effort and go-to-market activity.
- Identifying and supporting development of new customer relationships and target categories, while building deeper marketing partnerships with existing sponsors.
- Overseeing sales-related marketing efforts and positioning strategy.
- Forecasting, monitoring and reporting on revenue and budget performance vs. goals.
- Organizing staff and account assignments for maximum success.
- Fostering ideas for group collaboration and ‘big idea’ sponsorships.
- Developing the department’s readiness and capability to deliver creative, customer-focused sponsorship programs that combine radio, digital audio, multimedia, mobile, and events platforms.
- Monitoring the competitive environment, and being proactive in addressing market opportunities.
- Building and maintaining high-level client and ad agency relationships.
- Supporting strong partner relationships and national efforts with NPR®.
- Building the quality and quantity of team sales efforts throughout the sales cycle.
- Leveraging knowledge of all audio platforms (broadcast, on-demand, etc.) to grow digital business. Promoting the value of new digital and mobile initiatives internally and externally.
- Working with Leadership on workforce planning, training and development, performance management, high-level employment issues and compensation practices.
- Maintaining collaborative relationships with key stakeholders including those in Leadership, Development and Membership, Station Management, Finance and Marketing.
- Representing the media sales perspective in the planning and budgeting process, in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Communicating and implementing short and long-term strategies for revenue growth, leading the sales team to ‘believe and achieve’ higher personal and group performance.
- Setting a high bar for her/himself and leading by example.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Experience - Candidates should demonstrate most, if not all, of the following:
- Success in managing one or more media sales teams to achieve revenue growth through goal setting, measurement, and consultative sales approaches.
- A track record in breaking new categories and key accounts through creative and strategic selling.
- Career progression that includes success in selling media to metro and regional marketers, at client and agency levels. Experience from quality print or niche broadcast outlets, digital media, event sponsorship sales or a combination thereof.
- Fluency in using conceptual selling techniques and research data to persuade marketing sponsors and agencies of the stations’ audience value and programming compared to competitors.
- Proven ability to work hands-on daily with Sponsorship Sales staff to troubleshoot problems, identify and close business opportunities and manage key client relationships.
- Capability to supervise internal media processes including inventory management; copy compliance with FCC guidelines; ad analytics and data reporting; and the department’s use of CRM software.
- College degree plus a minimum of 5 years’ relevant business experience is expected, with at least 3 years coaching / managing account executives.
- Public media experience is preferred but not required.
Style, Culture Fit, and Capabilities:
- Professionalism, emotional maturity, respect and tactfulness are important attributes for all staff at Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting.
- Must be capable of blending one’s prior commercial training and instincts with the processes and strategies found in a mission-oriented, non-commercial public media culture.
- A collaborative player-coach style, with the ability to inspire positive change as a member of the management team.
- Flexibility: the ability and instinct to pivot, challenge assumptions and adapt the game plan based on market and client feedback and the input of others.
- Excellent written and oral communication and sales presentation skills; executive command; shares information in an insightful manner with a clear plan of action.
- Problem solver: takes ownership; maximizes resources; can create a proactive strategy; is optimistic; applies a consultative sales approach to sustain client relationships rather transact business.
- Serious candidates should be fans of public media, and active, well-informed consumers of news and entertainment across platforms.
- Uncompromising honesty and integrity. An accessible low-ego personal management style.
STATION - BACKGROUND
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting is an independent, locally owned community-supported public media organization - home to Pittsburgh’s NPR News station, 90.5 WESA, and 91.3 WYEP, serving Pittsburgh and the surrounding communities of Western Pennsylvania. We serve the more than 2 million residents of Pittsburgh and its surrounding communities. Our mission is to “create and distribute trusted content, build connections, and strengthen our community through public media.”
- 90.5 WESA was launched in 2011 (in partnership with Pittsburgh’s philanthropic community) with an NPR news format. Its stated mission is “to work for the public to inform people in ways that engage and inspire them to create dialogue about community issues and stories.”
- 91.3 WYEP was founded in 1974 as an all-volunteer community licensed radio station. It broadcasts a diverse offering of adult alternative music, provides community education programs, and presents a large number of highly visible events and concerts in the region. Its mission is to “enrich the community through musical discovery, expression and education.”
In addition to radio programming, our stations play an active role in engaging the community through online and mobile services and in-person events, and have a prominent voice in Pittsburgh’s civic and cultural affairs.
Each week more than 200,000 Southwestern Pennsylvanians listen to our broadcasts, and tens of thousands more engage with our content through our websites and mobile digital services.
This management position carries a compensation package comprised of a base salary and performance-based bonus opportunities.
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation offers an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision benefits, 403(b) plan with generous matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays, maternity and new parent leave, and a workplace culture that is fun, diverse and innovative.
This position is available immediately, and the search for candidates may be terminated without notice. No phone calls, please.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter and a detailed resume to email@example.com.
In your email, please let us know how you heard about the position.
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.