Public radio and podcasting are at a moment of tremendous change and promise. PRX is at the epicenter of the audio revolution, bridging broadcast, digital and mobile with a portfolio of exceptional programs including PRI’s The World, The Takeaway, Reveal, The Moth Radio Hour, This American Life and the Radiotopia podcast network. We believe strong public media is anchored in journalism, strengthened with diverse voices and amplified by innovative technology.
We are seeking a Content Director with senior-level creative experience to help lead and manage content relationships with programs, producers, production teams, strategically important institutions and stations.The Content Director is responsible for leading these relationships to deliver broadcast and on-demand programs and productions that are distinctive and groundbreaking.
The ideal candidate has to be comfortable working with organizations and individuals at varying skill levels both in-person and in remote locations. We are looking for a superb communicator and leader of people and teams who can navigate a complex media environment. This person needs to be able to manage across organizations and show successful experience in all aspects of program management including goal setting, budgeting, project reporting, audio and editorial quality, content development, collaboration and team leadership.
Success is measured by
- An ability to inspire and direct programs, producers, and podcasters to consistently deliver distinct and groundbreaking content.
- Initiating, leading and launching new content relationships across stations, organizations and with for-profit partners that align with PRX’s mission and goals.
- Leading all PRX content to reach new audiences
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and direct existing content relationships for broadcast and podcasts
- Execute on a comprehensive content strategies that align with company goals
- Oversee production teams run by collaborators and partners
- Provide succinct and timely feedback and direction on productions to ensure their success
- Possess excellent assessment skills for talent and demonstrated a commitment to diversity
- Brainstorm and collaborate with the PRX content team for new ideas and content strategies
- Create schedule and calendar plans for production releases
- Monitor, track, and document content results; analyze data/returns/customer response
- Minimum of 5+ years of show production and/or audio journalism experience
- Previous experience managing an editorial team or project
- A strategic and innovative thinker with fresh ideas about how to tackle big issues
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- A confident public speaker and presenter of ideas
- A creative approach to problem-solving
- Solid organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of audience development on digital platforms
- Fan/familiarity with public radio and its place in a competitive audio environment preferred