Do you love the mission and ingenuity of public radio? Are you looking to help build a new, ambitious sales team? If so, check out this rare opening at PRI/PRX in Boston, Massachusetts.
Public radio is at a moment of tremendous change and promise. PRI/PRX is at the epicenter of the audio revolution with a portfolio of exceptional programs including PRI’s The World, The Takeaway, Reveal, The Moth Radio Hour, This American Life and the Radiotopia podcast network.
The Manager, Station Services will be an essential partner to public radio stations nationwide.
This role is the nexus between PRI/PRX and stations. In other words, the Manager, Station Services must be able to build long-term, meaningful relationships with program decision makers. Success in this role drives the success of the PRI/PRX portfolio. Beyond delivering exceptional service, this person will grow revenue, audience, and adoption of our technology and training services.
The Station Services team is mission-driven, collaborative, insightful, and fun! We strive to achieve big, audacious goals with aplomb. We also strive to reinvent how public radio networks interact with and deliver value to public radio stations that provide a service to their communities daily.
As an integral part of this team, this role will thoughtfully support stations as PRI/PRX helps chart the future for the public media system. To do so successfully, the ideal candidate will need to exhibit assertiveness, diplomacy, creativity, ambition, and trustworthiness--sometimes all at once!
Success in this role means:
- Exceeding revenue, audience, technology, and training goals
- Overcoming sales obstacles and persuasively presenting information
- Building strong, trusted relationships with station decision makers
- Manage a dynamic, valuable territory of public radio stations
- Increase carriage (and sales revenue) for PRI/PRX’s portfolio of national programming
- Discover opportunities to advocate for the usage of content, technology and training
- Leverage proactive communication to enrich the PRI/PRX relationship with stations
- Deploy creative sales tools to advance conversations with program decision makers
- Partner with marketing to deliver brand-aligned messages to stations
- Support station success with promotional, fundraising, and engagement opportunities
- Manage complex pricing/carriage fee negotiations with stations in your territory
- Maintain sales, audience, and adoption data in Salesforce and develop reports
- Travel to stations and conferences when appropriate
Education & Experience:
- A track record of successful, relationship-oriented sales experience
- Experience in business-to-business communications or marketing is helpful
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Knowledge:
- Deep interest and knowledge of best practices in sales and marketing
- Ability to effectively deliver exceptional customer service and support
- Precise communication skills in a variety of business settings