Reporting to the Database Manager, this position is responsible for providing critical support for systems management, data extractions, gift entry, and managing the acknowledgements process for the giving department at The Public’s Radio. In addition, the candidate will perform front desk duties as needed and function as a board liaison to ensure they are kept abreast of important news, have training materials, and have support in managing their prospect portfolios. In this role, the Database Coordinator will enter call reports and manage pipeline interaction. The board liaison responsibilities require significant interaction with the Chief Progress Officer and the Director of Philanthropy and Stewardship.
- Develop data entry guidelines at the Database Manager’s direction and create a working document for all staff using the database
- Enter information, gifts, and manage data according to institutional standards to ensure accuracy and ease of use in generating reports
- Work with staff to refresh acknowledgements annually and work with Database Manager to standardize systems for accuracy and speedy response
- Undergo and maintain a high level of systems training to ensure innovative use of database happens on a regular basis
- Support staff by extracting data, and producing queries etc., as needed and at the direction of the Progress team in a timely fashion
- Manage the timely output of gift acknowledgements, answer phones, respond to general inquiries of the public, and update data as needed
- Partner with the Database Manager and Finance staff on monthly reconciliation and other special project needs
- Conduct staff database trainings as needed
- Attend board meetings to take minutes to be delivered to all attendees as a formal document
- Act as a board liaison for capital campaign related projects. Provide volunteers with lists as directed by staff, enter call reports, follow up with board members on assigned prospects on a monthly basis, and have the ability to produce monthly reports for the campaign
- Keep the board orientation manual up to date and make revisions under the direction of the Chief Progress Officer, the Director of Philanthropy and Stewardship, and the CEO
Skills and Abilities:
- Associate degree
- Two to three years of work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Database management skills (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for public media and its mission
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to relate to donor prospects, volunteers, and colleagues
- Well-developed written, oral communication, and research skills
- A self-starter who can drive initiatives and who works well both independently and collaboratively
- Possess high level of integrity and able to exercise confidentiality and discretion in handling funder information
- Functions well in a fast-paced work environment where a strong sense of humor and a dedication to professional excellence are vital to success
- Please send a cover letter and resume and to firstname.lastname@example.org with Database Coordinator Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please. Deadline to apply is April 29, 2019 by 5pm.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits including health, dental and vision, 401k, three weeks paid vacation, and more. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Public’s Radio service includes news networks, thepublicsradio.org and mobile service. This position is based in our Providence studios. The Public’s Radio is an equal opportunity employer.