Leadership Giving & Campaign Coordinator
Rocky Mountain Public Media, home to Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO Radio, is the largest statewide, member-supported, multi-media network in Colorado. Rocky Mountain Public Media's (RMPM) mission is to strengthen the civic fabric of the state by engaging audiences across platforms with high-quality, trusted content. To further this mission, Rocky Mountain Public Media seeks a full-time Leadership Giving & Campaign Coordinator to be a strategic member of the Leadership Giving team to help us close out our $34M capital campaign.
This exciting role is responsible for supporting the Chief Executive Officer and the Leadership Giving team in the planning and implementation of annual and campaign fundraising efforts, including supporting a broad range of fundraising activities.
RMPM launched a $34M capital campaign in the Spring of 2017 to build the Buell Public Media Center and important work remains to meet our goal by December 2019, increase philanthropic gifts and engage our campaign supporters. The Campaign Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day planning, coordination, and management of the campaign. The position works closely with the VP of Leadership Giving and is both strategic and tactical, including all components of a campaign for the current lead and major gift work to the public phase. The Campaign Coordinator will be responsible for deepening the prospective donor pipeline, supporting the solicitation work of the front-line fundraisers, maintaining accurate and timely updates on campaign goals and milestones, donors and prospects. S/he will report to the VP of Leadership Giving and will be an integral member of the Leadership Giving team in supporting all major gift work.
This individual will assist the Leadership Giving team in developing and executing strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new and current campaign and major gift donors. The Coordinator must be a forward-thinker, detail-oriented worker, a team player through problem-solving issues, and a strategic worker in anticipating needs to support fundraising activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support a team of three front-line major gift fundraisers in the qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift donors who give $5,000+ to RMPM.
- Ensure all major gifts are entered properly into Salesforce (NGOC) database.
- Update team on revenue weekly and pull reports to support individual major gift officers.
- Support front-line fundraisers by writing contact reports following meetings, assisting with implementation of meeting next steps and other cultivation efforts, and acknowledging gifts by drafting correspondence and authoring other stewardship materials.
- Follow the Leadership Giving NGOC Salesforce best practices by supporting front line fundraisers in entering moves and tasks in database.
- Work alongside the Manager of Development Communications in the creation of materials to support front-line fundraisers, such as proposals, letters, and stewardship reports.
- Conduct in-depth research and prepare detailed profiles on prospective donors and partners.
- Support RMPM's capital campaign:
- Partner with the CEO and VP of Leadership Giving to assist in the execution of strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new and current campaign donors.
- Manage all campaign-related activities, including campaign meetings, revenue, next steps and preparation for all internal and external meetings.
- Prepares and distributes briefings, agendas, meeting notes, and other documents for campaign events, meetings, leadership briefings and meetings.
- Oversees campaign administration, tracks all campaign gifts and pledges, gift recognition, naming opportunities, plaque needs, and other related information. Works within donor and project management database to update pipelines, tracks prospects and ask strategies, manage task assignments and maintain timelines; reminds senior leadership of outstanding tasks and follow up actions weekly, ensuring donor pipeline and campaign milestones are met and updated.
- Prepares gift agreements and other documents to assist in closing gifts.
- Provide campaign updates and numerical analysis to CEO and VP of Leadership Giving.
- Partner with Manager of Development Communications to develop donor-facing correspondence including letters, invitations, briefings, campaign email updates to key stakeholders and other materials.
- Schedule meetings, prepare talking points, and assemble presentations for senior staff, board members, and committees.
- Manage, process and track campaign pledges and payments; oversee acknowledgment of all campaign gifts and pledges and preparation of pledge payment reminders and agreements.
- Research and identify new campaign prospects, prepare prospect research for senior leadership campaign meetings.
- Respond to requests for general assistance from major gift donors and high-level members.
- Partners with Leadership Giving team to accurately produce prospect research for all high-level donors/prospect meetings. Provide background research on major and planned giving donors/prospects using Donor Search and other sources.
- Manages all Leadership Giving events.
- Maintain donor records in Salesforce.
- Coordinate all stock gifts made to RMPM.
- Serve as the primary database administrator for the Leadership Giving department.
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience. At least one year of experience in and knowledge of fundraising, specifically capital campaigns is preferred. Experience in working in a non-profit environment a plus. Highly organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, creative, strategic, professional and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Strong customer service focus, and relationship management skills needed. High level of computer literacy, including experience using online databases and other sources to locate financial and philanthropic information. Salesforce experience preferred.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position should submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Compensation requirements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.