Leadership Giving Officer
Rocky Mountain Public Media, home to Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO Radio, is the largest statewide, member-supported, multi-media network in Colorado. Rocky Mountain Public Media's (RMPM) mission is to strengthen the civic fabric of the state by engaging audiences across platforms with high-quality, trusted content. To further this mission, Rocky Mountain Public Media seeks a full-time Leadership Giving Officer to be a strategic member of the Leadership Giving team to help us close out our $34M capital campaign.
This position reports to the Director of Leadership Giving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects capable of five- and six-figure gifts for general operating, programmatic, and capital support.
- Implement programs/activities (in tandem with Board members and RMPBS leadership) to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors targeted at the Cornerstone level or higher.
- Engage donors/prospects through in-person meetings, events and written communications. Meet with donors at least 40% of each week to provide briefings, station tours, and make funding requests. Conduct cultivation meetings and collaborate on the development and implementation of cultivation and stewardship events.
- Develop and execute ongoing strategy for qualifying prospects and moving them up the ladder of engagement using tools such as small cultivation events, research, and community networking.
- Identify potential planned giving prospects among assigned donors and partners with relevant staff to solicit those prospects.
- Meet monthly and quarterly benchmarks and goals based on activity with prospects/donors and dollars raised. Maintain visitation reports and current information regarding donor correspondence, meetings and other activities in database (Salesforce).
- Create donor reports in the organization's donor database for use in prospecting, portfolio management, event management, and other needs.
- Prepare monthly revenue and activity reports; track and document all portfolio revenue and cultivation activities on a weekly basis.
- Train new staff in the use of the donor database as needed.
- Assist in the creation and execution of Cornerstone Society events, including partner events.
- Provide research and meeting preparation for Chief Development Officer, CEO, and other senior staff as needed for any donor/prospect meetings.
- Assist with activities, events, prospecting and research for the ongoing Capital Campaign.
- Assist in other financial development projects as assigned.Attend all relevant Rocky Mountain Public Media events on- and off-site.
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of Rocky Mountain Public Media (RMPBS and KUVO) local programming, in addition to PBS national content.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in sales and/or fundraising is necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or comparable advanced degree is a plus.
- Must have a successful track record of closing four- and five-figure gifts; six-figure gifts a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service to donors and community stakeholders.
- A sophisticated and comprehensive understanding of fundraising principles and practices, and a demonstrated high level of professionalism, collegiality, self-motivation, and success in fundraising.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, great attention to detail, the ability to process and maintain confidential information, and develop strong relationships with both internal and external constituencies to promote a positive collaborative spirit across the organization's network.
- In-depth knowledge of the communities served by Rocky Mountain Public Media (Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO) and the content the organization produces, in addition to a thorough understanding of national PBS programming and content.
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent database preferred.
- Public speaking and Spanish language skills a plus
Procedure for Application: Persons interested in this position must apply at www.rmpbs.org/jobs
Please submit the following items:
1. A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of the RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
2. A resume detailing education, training and employment history.
3. Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least 3 professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
4. Compensation requirements.
Positions will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.