The Custom Services team makes StoryCorps programs available to communities outside of our grant-funded work, primarily by setting up interview recording days with organizations that sponsor StoryCorps events for their communities. The goals of Custom Services are to generate revenue, further StoryCorps’ mission by choosing projects that are in alignment, and increase exposure to StoryCorps.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Engagement & Custom Services, the Associate of Custom Services is a key member of the six-person department. As the Associate, you will contribute to a variety of projects including administrative support for all aspects of the department’s work, including supporting the planning of interview-recording days and other core services for partner organizations.
StoryCorps records, shares, and preserves stories from a diverse range of American voices — from our Griot Initiative to preserve stories of African Americans, to our Historias Initiative to collect the experiences of Latinos. We also seek to recruit and develop a staff whose diversity matches the diversity of the communities we serve, and we strongly encourage applications from people of color and the LGBTQ community.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Respond to web and phone inquiries, explaining the value and logistics of StoryCorps’ fee-for-service offerings Custom Services’ online leads management platform, ZenDesk
- Scheduling phone calls and meetings for Custom Services team member with current and potential clients
- Assist in planning onsite recording days and content creation for clients
- Coordinate with Legal Affairs and Custom Services Departments to draft and execute agreements with clients and external contractors
- Coordinate with Finance Department to draft, send, and pay invoices
- Create and maintain project management tools for the Department, including gantt charts
- Work with various StoryCorps Departments’ staff (i.e., Marketing & Communications, and Recording & Archive) to coordinate information and support work, as it pertains to Custom Services’ partnerships (and potential partnerships)
- Support the creation and maintenance of Custom Services digital and print marketing materials, including the Department’s webpage on StoryCorps.org, which may require collaborating with internal StoryCorps Departments and external contractors
- Maintain the Department’s customer relationship management databases (including Salesforce)
- Support the creation and maintenance of Custom Services guides and resources for clients, which may require collaborating with internal StoryCorps Departments and external contractors
- Research and compile prospective client lists
- Perform other duties to support the Custom Services Department, as assigned
- You know how to communicate effectively – whether that’s by email, phone, or in-person
- You’re organized, have keen attention to detail, and you’re able to multi-task effectively
- You have strong problem-solving skills
- You love working closely with a team and are also able to self-direct in completing work
- You are computer savvy, especially with Microsoft Office, Google applications and video conferencing software
- You are flexible and adaptable to a growing, changing organization
- You have cultural competence and the ability to thrive in a diverse work environment
- You have at least one year of professional experience, preferably in an administrative capacity
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You have experience in drafting and coordinating legal documents
- You have experience coordinating schedules and supporting project management efforts
- You are no stranger to providing excellent customer service and you’ve worked in a public-facing role in the past
- You are proficient on a Mac platform and with relationship management database software
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- You are fluent in a language other than English (Spanish preferred)
To apply, please follow this link.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered for candidacy.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.