EDUCATIONAL OUTREACH MANAGER
To work at Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is to be connected, inspired, educated and supported by the people you work with and by the community around you. We are a collection of technologists, artists, analysts, story-tellers, planners, and creative minds on a common mission: to reach and inspire our community to learn more, see more, BE more. And, you could be part of this team! TPT is currently seeking an Educational Outreach Manager to join our growing Ready to Learn Team (RTL). This position will manage the educational outreach, communications and training team for RTL and ensures the series’ content and outreach activities are accurate and meet TPT standards and guidelines.
- Develop and manage the execution of a new national educational outreach and professional development training program and materials for partner organizations and the general public – including parents.
- Lead professional development trainings and related events both in-person and online to increase use of RTL products and services in ways that enhance learning for educators in support of young learners.
- Establish and run RFP process to recruit RTL partner organizations and trainers, and manage all communications with them.
- Develop approach for sharing RTL resources on PBS Learning Media and PBS Parents.
- Develop and maintain relationships with science and literacy educators, advisors, and partner educational organizations that review, consult, and provide input to the development of the program and all related outreach and web materials.
- Manage input from external consultants and subject matter experts to be included in the development of the program and related materials.
- Maintain relationships with national and regional STEM, literacy (such as libraries), and youth education experts and institutions to secure their input and form robust and sustainable partnerships.
- Facilitate and participate in the flow of creative, science, and education information to ensure all are appropriately considered in production planning.
- Lead science and literacy presentations, workshops, and trainings with a focus on strategies to best engage children in grades K-2 in our target audiences.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in education, communications or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of non-profit educational program development and management experience.
- Bilingual Spanish-English speaker preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in developing and facilitating training for diverse audiences.
- Able to adapt and tailor communication to meet audience needs.
- Must have strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work independently, and the ability to meet deadlines for time sensitive assignments.
- Fluent user of Microsoft Office (e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Excel) required.
- Exceptional relationship building skills and experience working with diverse communities.
- Access to reliable transportation and ability to travel.
If you have the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, please apply at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings/
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Veteran / Disability employer.