The person selected for this professional-technical position is responsible for the accurate and timely dissemination of information pertaining to Vegas PBS, its services, and programs to the press, listings services, the public, and government entities. This position will serve to promote the public image of Vegas PBS. This position is directly responsible to the Content Director, Vegas PBS, Operational Services Unit. This is a critical, replacement position and it is paid for by Vegas PBS – general funds and will have no impact to the General Fund.
- Plans and coordinates strategic marketing and public relations for all services of Vegas PBS using traditional and emerging media.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts station events and press tours of the station facility.
- Manages the work of a public relations firm on behalf of the station and directs the efforts of an internal staff dedicated to marketing, communications, social media, and Web and media relations.
- Coordinates on-air messaging of image, fund raising, and program tune-in spots on six (6) multiple TV and cable channels, and coordinates all branding across all distribution platforms.
- Produces all printed documents about station activities and manages the Web producer to ensure continuity of messaging and priority of promotional efforts.
- Directs and oversees writing and editing of press releases and social media.
- Edits the monthly member’s magazine and program guide; writes the annual report and coordinates its production and distribution.
- Provides marketing support for TeacherLine, educational services, and legislative relations offered by Vegas PBS.
- Serves as station liaison at press events; represents the station at community and member events.
- Negotiates trade agreements and contracts for donated and paid advertising, promotions, and event tickets.
- Responsible for digital marketing strategies for all Vegas PBS services.
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned staff.
- Performs other duties related to the position, as assigned.
- Currently serving as a professional-technical employee with the Clark County School District or hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Satisfactory service in corresponding or related positions, or five (5) years of successful supervisory experience directly related to communications.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience managing large budgets in advertising, public relations, television or radio news, or direct management of these functions.
- Excellent public relations/marketing skills and experience working cooperatively with representatives of the news media, government and regulatory agencies, and members of the community.
- Successful performance in the position held at the time of application.
- Ability to complete a writing sample at the time of the interview.
- Possess excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Effective computer skills, including proficiency in creating presentations.
- Knowledge of TV studio environment/set design/host preparation/graphic design.
- Ability to create scripts, promotions, pledge roll ins, interstitials, voiceovers, news releases, media alerts, radio copy, web content, etc.
- Ability to work cooperatively with Vegas PBS and Clark County School District personnel and representatives of community agencies.
- Ability to manage complicated budgets.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to plan annual marketing objectives.
- Ability to explain station programming to viewers.
- Ability to create marketing materials for targeted audiences.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the PBS Brand.
Salary and Benefits
This is a twelve (12)-month position with placement on Range 42 ($80,412 - $107,712) of the Unified Administrative Salary Schedule. Placement will be made in accordance with Clark County School District Regulation 4291 (Placement and Advancement on the Unified Administrative Salary Schedule). Placement higher than Step C ($88,752) shall not be granted to professional-technical employees (non-licensed administrators) new to the Clark County School District except by decision of the Superintendent or designee.
- For current Salary Schedule information, please visit this site:
- For additional regulation language regarding salary placement, please visit this site: http://www.ccsd.net/district/policies-regulations/pdf/4291_R.pdf
Nevada Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) – Information regarding Nevada PERS can be obtained at www.nvpers.org.
Fully-paid employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance. Family policies are also available.
Six (6) personal leave days each year, two (2) days of vacation accrued each month, and fifteen (15) days of sick leave each year.
Persons interested in the position and who meet the minimum qualifications should submit the required online application through our web page at http://teachvegas.ccsd.net and a detailed resume to Bernie Goodemote, Recruitment@VegasPBS.org, Vegas PBS, 3050 East Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89121, or fax it to (702)799-2954 no later than 12:00 noon (PST),
Thursday, February 28, 2019. To receive consideration in this selection process, the following required materials: three (3) letters of recommendation of which one (1) must be from the applicant’s current supervisor, unless waived by mutual agreement by applicant and station, a current resume, and complete set of college transcripts (copies of official transcripts will be accepted), must be submitted electronically where prompted on the online application, no later than the closing date specified above.
Current and previous employers may be contacted for references, and applicants for this position are subject to a thorough background investigation. Please direct all questions to the Administrative Services Department at (702)799-5484.
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin.