WBGO seeks a Traffic Coordinator to handle the day to day responsibilities of scheduling live and pre-recorded underwriting, sponsorship and promotional announcements as well as executing quality control of all scripted underwriting and promotional announcements. The successful candidate will be a willing collaborator and comfortable in a multi-tasking environment, possessing excellent computer skills, superior organizational skills, interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Handles all aspects of scheduling for assigned stations(s) including obtaining information, importing orders, acquiring underwriting, sponsorship and promotional schedules.
* Review and execute production orders
* Review all underwriting, sponsorship and promotional scripts in accordance with to FCC rules and regulations, WBGO/Newark Public Radio policies and procedures and public media best practices
* Produce and deliver daily programming logs according to underwriting, sponsorship and promotional schedules
• Monitor and execute changes to scripts and production orders;
* Resolve log and contract discrepancies.
• Manage flow of information and service inquiries
• Coordinate with other departments to maintain underwriting and promotional inventory and to provide billing information and reports.
• Meet all required deadlines
* Other duties as assigned
• Proficiency with Marketron and/or Visual Traffic scheduling software, Microsoft Office programs, digital editing software, broadcast automation systems and social networking platforms
• Ability to meet deadlines and make adjustments in response to the shifting demands of schedules and clients
• Proven ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instruction procedure manuals, insertion orders and production orders
• Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multi task
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated data entry skills.
• Ability to work independently and/or collaboratively
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Prefer 5 years’ experience in automated broadcast traffic system
* 5 years’ experience in broadcasting work environment
* Digital Audio production experience a plus!
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Submit resume and job references to Director of Programming, WBGO/Newark Public Radio
WBGO is the global leader in jazz radio, broadcasting from the jazz capital of the world. Founded in 1979, WBGO is a publicly-supported cultural institution that preserves and elevates America’s music: jazz and blues. From its home base of Newark, New Jersey, Public Radio station WBGO has long been an anchor institution in community engagement through its partnerships, concerts, education and broadcast programming. WBGO/Newark Public Radio is operated as a non-profit, 501(C)3 organization in the public trust. As such it has a Board of Trustees, a mission, and is funded, in the main, by listener donations or memberships, as well as a combination of corporate, business, foundation, and governmental grants.