WDET-FM in Detroit seeks a General Manager who will provide leadership for WDET team members and will direct, plan, develop and manage the overall operations of radio station WDET-FM to provide the highest possible quality programming service to the metropolitan area while promoting the University. This role has a strategic focus on audience and revenue growth, budget management as well as fundraising and stewardship for the station. Apply by September 8.
(Note: For more detail on the Essential Functions of the position, please visit the posting at http://liv.jobs/t5n2e).
- Strategic Leadership & Direction.
- Personnel Management.
- Fundraising & Business Development.
- Programming & Audience Development.
- Business & Financial Management.
- External Relations & Strategic Partnerships.
Experience: Expert (established subject matter expert, 7+ years-experience)
- Significant senior leadership experience at a non-profit media organization or similarly relevant and competitive environment.
- Considerable experience in developing and leading the implementation of strategies that have resulted in measurable growth and impact.
- Direct fundraising experience, including personal experience developing proposals and securing major gifts and grants.
- Experience reporting to, serving on, and managing both governing and advisory boards preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. (Hiring/building diverse teams and reaching/serving diverse audiences).
- A track record of developing strategic partnerships and working collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve goals.
- Public media experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong personnel management skills, particularly in the area of change management and performance management.
- Proven ability to build, lead, mentor and coach diverse teams and build organizational alignment.
- High level of business and financial management skills including forecasting, strategy development, budget planning, contract negotiation, and compliance management /ethical/transparency.
- Highly adaptable, resourceful and entrepreneurial; creative, data-driven problem solver with well-developed analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including an ability to adapt style to various audiences and build rapport with diverse stakeholders.
- Understanding and appreciation of new and emerging technologies and their application in transforming services and business operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the mission of public media. Passion for independent, community-based journalism and cultural programming strongly preferred.
- Helpful to understand urban environments, particularly Detroit.
- Ability to make connections with Detroit community and business leaders.
HOW TO APPLY
WDET has retained Livingston Associates to assist in this search. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the full job posting and apply online at http://liv.jobs/t5n2e.
Apply by Sept 8.
Wayne State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates