Senior Vice President, Development
WNED | WBFO is a leading bi-national public broadcasting organization and has been a powerful and trusted community resource for more than 55 years. Located in Buffalo, NY, we operate three television stations and three radio stations, broadcasting programs and engaging our community in ways that explore and address interests relevant to the Western NY and Southern Ontario regions.
WNED | WBFO seeks an experienced professional with a passion for the mission of public broadcasting to lead its development efforts. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Senior Vice President of Development will plan and execute an integrated fundraising effort including membership, planned giving, major gifts, volunteer services, on-air fundraising (pledge), foundation development, capital campaign and fundraising events.
As a senior member of the management team, the Senior Vice President of Development plays an important role in strategic and financial planning and works closely with all departments of the organization, the Board of Trustees, volunteers and community partners.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Aspire to lead a dynamic department and ensure integrity and successful achievement of the fundraising programs while simultaneously advancing WNED | WBFO long-term fundraising initiatives.
- Have demonstrated success in public broadcasting as both a major/planned gift fundraiser and capital campaign development.
- Foster a positive culture of professional growth that makes WNED | WBFO a workplace of choice for development professionals.
- Collaborate with volunteers to develop, model, and monitor new approaches to development and engage new generations of donors.
What you need to succeed:
- A minimum of 10 years experience in development with a passion for the mission of public broadcasting
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in budgeting, revenue forecasting and business plans required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Visit our website to view the full job description
WNED | WBFO requires all applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with WNED | WBFO is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
WNED | WBFO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. WNED | WBFO is committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Please submit cover letter & resume to:
WNED | WBFO - HR Dept.
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org