Vice President, Development
Buffalo, NY, United States – Full Time
WNED | WBFO is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and three radio stations, all locally programmed. Programs and outreach explore and address interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities. The Buffalo area is undergoing an economic and cultural renaissance, and the Canadian market enhances the organization’s mission and fundraising opportunities.
Working with the President, the Vice President of Development is responsible for leading the effort to meet the short and long-term development objectives for WNED| WBFO. The Vice President, Development will lead a team of fundraising professionals in all areas of development, including planned giving, membership, major gifts, volunteer services, on-air fundraising (pledge), foundation development, capital campaign and fundraising events. As a member of the management team, this position plays an important role in the strategic and financial planning and works closely with all departments of the organization, the Board of Trustees, volunteers and community partners.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Aspire to lead a dynamic department and ensure integrity and successful achievement of the fundraising programs while simultaneously advancing WNED| WBFO's long-term fundraising initiatives.
- Have demonstrated success in non-profit as both a major/planned gift fundraiser and capital campaign development.
- Foster a positive culture of professional growth that makes WNED| WBFO a workplace of choice for development professionals.
- Collaborate with volunteers to develop, model, and monitor new approaches to development and engage new generations of donors.
What you need to succeed:
- 8+ years’ experience in development with a passion for the mission of public broadcasting
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven experience in budgeting, revenue forecasting and business plan development.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Please visit our website for a full job description: https://www.wned.org/about/jobs-internships/vice-president-development/
WNED | WBFO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com OR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263