Buffalo, NY, United States – Full Time
WNED | WBFO is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and three radio stations, all locally programmed. Programs and outreach explore and address interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities.
WBFO, the largest and most respected radio news room in Western New York seeks a general assignment news reporter that will help grow our award-winning newsroom while continuing to build our reputation for the highest journalistic standards in long term in-depth reporting on critical community issues.
This position regularly develops ideas for and creates longer-form NPR style, in-depth enterprise news report. Interested candidates must have an ardent interest in creative story-telling across many platforms. You’ll need to be engaged with social media and have experience developing new content, from in-depth podcasts to investigative reporting projects.
We are looking for individuals who:
· Has a passion for the ever changing news media landscape and how to manage the distribution of content across all digital platforms.
· Understands multi-platform journalism including how to shoot, write and edit stories, video and photographs for the web and social media.
· Possess excellent writing and story editing skills.
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field.
· 2 - 4 years’ experience as a reporter, public radio preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and report complex stories and issues with outstanding skills in writing and editing.
· Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver radio news on-air in an understandable and compelling way.
WNED | WBFO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com OR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263