- Collaborate with EVP & CPO to lead and manage relations and fiscally sound and secure business with Florentine Films, Inkwell Films, McGee Media and The Better Angels Society.
- Partner with WETA LA office to manage projects in the health and identity content spaces.
- Granular management of project process, including budgeting in close collaboration with Production Management, timelines, deliverables, communication process, meeting organization, communication with other departments and outside clients and vendors.
- Keep EVP & CPO, COO, CFO, Legal, Communications and other WETA departments informed and involved at all phases of life of project; organize and lead periodic project team meetings.
- Work with the EVP & CPO, as well as fundraising departments, to help develop and fulfill deliverables for new sources of project funding, including for digital media and education.
- Assist EVP & CPO plan, coordinate and administer project prioritization and triage, and work with Production Management on fiscal year budgets and the allocation of WETA resources.
- Partner with Production Management and partners to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Assist EVP & CPO and Production Management plan fiscal year budgets and allocate resources.
- Hire and oversee Director of Education and WETA-partner activities in the education space.
- Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work on a high level with internal and external constituencies to advance and create high visibility projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public television system and ability to maintain and grow strong relationships with key players within the system.
- Strong knowledge and operational understanding of best practices in media.
- Working knowledge of key facets of national production projects including communications, education, underwriting and broadcast production.
- Team-oriented, self-directed, with tremendous initiative and granularity.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to accomplish multiple tasks and to partner and prioritize work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, lead, collaborate and supervise others.
- Ability to strongly articulate ideas, research, synthesize and present complex information in presentations to internal, partner and public audiences.
- Ability to identify and implement fiscally sound strategies for growth.
- Ability to successfully budget and deliver high visibility projects on deadline.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA or equivalent academic degree in an appropriate field relevant to WETA work.
- Experience in broadcast media in a high-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Work in public media in communications, production, education or engagement.
- Ten years’ long-form content-related experience in electronic and public media.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.