WFUV, public media from Fordham University, seeks on-air talent for fill-in shifts. This is part-time/hourly position. Must have on-air experience in the Triple A music format, love music, and live in the New York City metro area. On-air fundraising and social media skills required. This is a part-time, substitute position scheduled as-needed, and compensated on an hourly basis.
Reports to: Assistant Program Director. Works closely with Program Director and Music Director.
- Hosts WFUV’s music programs on an as-needed basis, working to ensure the highest quality programming and audience service
- Strives to deliver a rich and engaging, listener-focused service which reflects WFUV’s audience and New York City’s unique place as a cultural center, in accord with station mission.
- A creative commitment to the implementation of WFUV’s format, including the station’s music standards and philosophy, as determined by the program director, and with fidelity to the music log
- Comprehend and execute formatic elements, including good forward promotion, station identification, music and station positioning, station promotion, time checks, weather, etc., as required
- Adhere to station program log, including execution of all spots as scheduled, and notation of any changes in time when spots are aired.
- Good preparation habits, including daily show prep for routine break elements, special days, fundraising, and so forth, as needed
- A commitment to ongoing improvement, including on air work and interview skills, through regular airchecks and self-review
- Demonstrates a commitment to fundraising, including improved on-air fundraising performance. Supports the station’s fundraising efforts in general, including presence outside regular hours during membership drives, as needed
- Upholds station and FCC standards, including obscenity regulations. Reports all violations to the program director immediately in writing, including all details of the incident. Be informed of procedures and adhere to EAS tests and activations, and other expectations, as written in the WFUV Operator Responsibilities Manual and WFUV Operations Manual
Send resume and MP3 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.