Individual and event manager is responsible for the management of the Membership, Mid-level and Major Planned Giving programs, including cultivation, renewal/upgrade, additional gift, and online giving. The major focus is ensuring continuity and direction in donor cultivation and stewardship by building relationships with these donors.
The Individual Giving Manager is also responsible for the management of campaign endowment giving, major giving to the annual fund; and management of endowment gifts, bequests, gift annuities, trusts, life insurance and other forms of planned giving.
Supervises administrative assistants and interns.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Internal contacts include executives, administrators and employees from all divisions and departments within the university structure. External contacts include community members, media, and vendors.
- Coordinate with Contributor Development Partnership monthly processing of renewal mailing and targeted direct mail appeals throughout the year.
- Supervise the pledge billing, monthly installment reminders,
- Ensures that TV pledge drives run smoothly and meet goals by coordinating live and pre-taped pledge broadcasts; assisting with the selection of pledge programming;
- Develops and implements various special events throughout the year (both to raise funds and steward existing donors).
- Assists with all ticketed pledge events used for fundraising. Assists with meet and greet events.
- Act as primary relationship manager for a defined portfolio of individual and private foundation donors and prospects to assist in reaching or exceeding annual funding goals. (e.g. sending relevant and personal communications, scheduling regular touch points, developing creative recognition and/or opportunities for organizational involvement).
- Provide a high-quality experience for leadership donors in their contacts with WHUT by interacting professionally and sociably with members at events and by telephone and providing accurate and timely written communications.
- Plan department and organization fundraisers with cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts as necessary
- Engage with Audience Services to resolve leadership donor issues and requests.
- Plan and organize small events and assist in the execution of larger seminars and appreciation events.
- Researches and recommends additional events to meet budget goals
- Provide s oversight and direction for event management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive, multi-platform strategic
- communications plan, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization's mission and goals.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing media environment and anticipate future needs.
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record of translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator with exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a positive and productive team leader.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and social media.
- Good customer service skills understands the needs and interests of donors.
Bachelor's degree from in business administration, marketing, communications or related field plus five years of relevant experience that demonstrates success in project management related to fundraising. . Preferred Qualifications: Experience with fundraising and special events in public television specific to membership. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong writing and editing skills, strong supervisory skills, the ability to communicate and work effectively with the public and colleagues.