This position will assist in the production of a new local food show coming to WHYY-TV. The Associate Producer will be responsible for booking guests and shoots, developing timelines, scripting, leading field shoots, assisting in studio shoots, making story decisions in edit, and creating social media content. A passion for Philadelphia’s restaurant scene is a definite plus!
Major responsibilities include:
- Conducts interviews and books guests for the show.
- Books shoot locations and coordinates details with location contact.
- Creates scripts for host and in studio shoots.
- Schedules crew for studio and field shoots.
- Prepares ongoing program descriptions for distribution to outside departments.
- Develops and maintains social media for program. Edits original content for social media.
- Maintains production book, including tracking expenses and release forms.
- Oversees editing of shorter packages for broadcast.
- Maintains a regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You have a Bachelor’s degree in production or related field or the equivalent professional experience is required. You are familiar with research, web content and development. You have experience with Avid editing a plus.
You have a minimum of two years’ experience in television production, including editing of video and audio material. You have experience working on short form pieces and previous experience preparing content for multimedia platform distribution.
You are able to create online video content; familiarity with social media is needed.
You like working in a fast-paced environment. You love working with other people, even under deadlines or pressure. You want to be part of a high-performing team. You strive to make things more efficient, higher quality. You take creative direction and constructive criticism well. You will be able to maintain a regular schedule, but have flexibility for scheduled shoots, and working around equipment availability.
Apply by going to the link below...