WHYY is seeking an experienced, dogged, and enterprising reporter who will focus on, but not be limited to, covering the politics of the Philadelphia tri-state region (City politics, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware). The reporter will break news and provide report spot news coverage while also delivering enterprise stories that delve deeper into people, issues and practices that impact the public and institutions. The successful candidate must be capable of uncovering behind-the-scenes dealings, recognizing trends, providing analysis and developing a contact list of traditional and non-traditional diverse sources. The person in this position will be able to report authoritatively and without partisanship. We seek someone is audience-focused, multimedia savvy, and intent on building and growing a diverse audience. Reports will appear on web and broadcast.
- A bachelors degree in journalism or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a journalist
- Radio experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Must maintain high on air standards
- Must be able to report authoritatively and without partisanship