WHYY, the premiere public media organization in the Philadelphia region, is looking for a full-time promotions producer to join its marketing team. From award-winning journalists to highly skilled behind-the-scenes types, you'll be joining a mission-driven organization full of committed, passionate people who work to make great public media possible every day.
The ideal candidate has intermediate level producing/editing skills and is looking to increase their skill set into broadcast operations or creative services management. Major responsibilities include:
- Direct, edit and produce best-in-class promotional video and audio spots for WHYY’s ever-growing roster of corporate and non-profit sponsors; Create and manage a process for collecting assets and articulating vision for underwriting clients; Create transparent guidelines and an approval process related to underwriting clients
- Schedule and communicate promotion priorities to TV, FM and online traffic managers
- Create, traffic and monitor special promotions tactics, such as TV Snipes, TV credit squeezes, live tags, TV content rollover/filler in alignment with promotions strategies, podcast and video pre-roll
- Monitor quality-control of interstitial TV and FM content, create as-run reports
- Assist Director of Marketing in creative services project management, including working with internal clients to complete accurate requests and holding clients and peers to timelines
- Serve as a general back-up for senior promotion producer, especially during times when high-touch production demands are high
- Maintain a regular and predictable attendance; should have flexibility for scheduled shoots, urgent projects and working around equipment availability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You have two years of experience in the broadcast/ production area of a media organization. You have experience working with clients and you're very good at it. If you have experience in nonprofit or membership-based organizations, be sure to mention it.
You are very familiar with at least one video editing software tool. Knowledge of other design software is a plus.
You like working in a fast-paced environment. You love working with other people, even under deadlines or pressure. You want to be part of a high-performing team. You strive to make things more efficient, higher quality. You have an easy time prioritizing competing projects and are comfortable making independent decisions as required. You take creative direction and constructive criticism well. You will be able to maintain a regular schedule, but have flexibility for scheduled shoots, urgent projects and working around equipment availability.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and links to your portfolio. Application Deadline is February 17, 2019.