WHYY is seeking a Full-Time Reporter to cover news in the South Jersey area.
This position researches and reports on news events and public affairs in South Jersey; files radio reports for use in broadcast and writes high-quality text stories for WHYY.org. Must be a curious and keen observer and listener with a connective storytelling touch on web and radio and attuned to what will resonate with audiences across platforms, including social media
- A bachelors degree in journalism or communications or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of journalism and on-air broadcasting experience.
- Must have knowledge of broadcasting, editing, voice work, and production.
- Must have strong communication skills, and the ability to interview effectively.
- Must have excellent news judgment and journalistic skills.
- Must be familiar with South Jersey