WTTW (Chicago PBS) and WFMT (classical music radio station) are looking for a Foundations Manager to support the Development department’s $13-16M revenue goals, with a focus on $3-5M from Foundations and select government entities, in support of WWCI operations and mission, including programming on all WTTW and WFMT platforms.
- Write and submit letters of intent, proposals, budgets, grant applications, follow-up materials, acknowledgment letters and stewardship reports to foundations and government entities to solicit funds for annual and special project support.
- Direct oversight and management of a portfolio of foundation and government grants, including orchestrating meetings between funders, senior staff, and program producers, and writing briefing memos and preparing senior staff for meetings, enabling senior staff to serve as effective and eloquent ambassadors and liaisons both externally and within the organization.
- Identify, research, and cultivate new potential funding sources and make informed recommendations to match prospects with funding opportunities.
- Ensure all benefit fulfillment including accurate recognition and meaningful ongoing stewardship.
- Support the development team’s cultivation and stewardship activities, including special events and other activities and involve foundation and government funders as appropriate.
- Support the Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations as necessary and perform other duties as assigned.
- Create, develop, and maintain internal reports and systems that inform senior staff and position the foundation and government portfolio for success.
- Work collaboratively and cross-departmentally across the organization.
- Lead by example with positive attitude; team-centric behavior; pleasant demeanor; and results-oriented, focused approach to developing relationships both externally and internally that result in increased revenue for WWCI.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, detail orientated.
- Able to multi-task and meet a rigorous schedule of deadlines.
- Comfortable providing behind-the-scenes support to senior leadership, development colleagues, and program producers.
- Interest and proficiency with document and graphic design.
- Experience with modern nonprofit database use and customization.
EXPERIENCE: Candidate must have 2-5 years grant writing with a proven track record of demonstrable results and successes. Must also have experience in gathering, compiling, and presenting written and verbal information ranging from research to stewardship.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English or related field, advanced degree a plus.
Please apply directly on our website: https://interactive.wttw.com/about/employment