WISCONSIN PUBLIC TELEVISION
SUMMER INTERN POSITION DESCRIPTION –
EDUCATION OUTREACH & COMMUNICATIONS
Wisconsin Public Television seeks an intern to join the Education team for Summer 2018. The ideal candidate is considering a career in communications, education or non-profit management, and is interested in putting together program materials and engaging with young children.
You will work with our education specialists, promotions and engagement teams to develop our resources and strategy to promote new and existing educational resources to the early learning community. You will have the opportunity to be a part of collaboration between WPT departments internally and with external partners to serve educators and create resources.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Summer Affirmative Action Internship Program (SAAIP), you must be:
- A full-time Wisconsin student or out of state student enrolled in a college/university, or vocational technical program in the state of Wisconsin, AND
- A current student who will be a junior in the fall following the internship, or has completed at least one year of a 2 year technical college program.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize, assemble, and create materials for upcoming workshops
- Conduct research in early education
- Engage with young children during summer workshops
- Represent WPT Education at events
- Assist WPT staff in planning and execution of Get Up and Go! events.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Basic computer and online skills.
2. Strong written and oral communication skills.
3. Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
4. Energetic and passionate with young children.
- Knowledge of and interest in public media’s service to educators
- Background in education, communications or non-profit management
- Event planning
Work will be performed M-F, 20 hours per week for 12 weeks, in Vilas Hall, 821 University Avenue (on Madison Metro bus lines). Pay is $10 per hour.
To apply, send resume and a personal essay outlining your interest in and suitability for this internship to: Alex Behnke, 821 University Ave, Madison, WI 53706 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For best consideration, please submit your materials by March 2, 2018.