The Assistant Director, Advancement will assist with the planning and implementation of a fundraising campaign and events for the radio station, WKSU. This position will identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects for gifts; and conduct research to determine needs. This position is also directly responsible for managing a portfolio of at least 150 gift prospects. Reports to the Director of Advancement, WKSU.
In 2017, Kent State University was recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education. This is the eighth time the university has received this distinction. Kent State offers a competitive compensation package, great benefits, and an excellent Wellness program.
The essential functions of this position are:
- Coordinate and implement fundraising activities designed to increase and secure donor response.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects for gifts.
- Conduct research to determine needs.
- Manage donor prospects within assigned area.
- Assist in planning and developing special projects relative to interests of prospects.
- Manage and solicit a portfolio of at least 150 gift prospects.
- May provide ongoing facilitation of fundraising projects and programs.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field required and at least one year of fundraising or higher education experience is preferred. Ability to work a flexible work schedule and the ability to travel (which may include overnight stays), and to work nights and weekends as requested – is required.
to direct you to the application process. A more detailed description of this position can be found at: http://www.wksu.org/job-opportunities. You will find additional information about the division and a list of current open positions in Institutional Advancement, by visiting our website: https://www.kent.edu/advancement/institutional-advancement-employment
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer / Disabled / Veterans