Title: Assistant Chief Engineer
Hours: M-F 8:30am – 5:00pm, hours may vary
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports To: Chief Engineer
Assistant Chief Engineer Job Description:
WMHT seeks an experienced, motivated, and goal oriented Assistant Chief Engineer, to help in the maintenance of all technical and operational aspects of the WMHT Studio and Transmitter Facilities. This position reports directly to the Director of Technology. This position requires a strong working knowledge of a wide range of broadcast and content technologies. The Assistant Chief Engineer will work regularly with the WMHT staff, outside clients and members of the viewing and listening audiences, requiring excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in broadcast engineering at a broadcast, video production or cable television facility, performing hands on work on productions and live events, maintaining and updating infrastructure
- Minimum of 2 years’ of experience managing technical staff and projects including part‐time and contract staff with demonstrated ability to improve performance, output and quality
- Proficient IT skills related to modern broadcast automation, and encoding systems
- Experience with both audio and video play out systems
- Experience with FM & TV transmitters and traditional microwave links
- Knowledgeable of FCC Broadcast rules and regulations
- Proven ability to successfully plan, coordinate, and execute tactically and strategically
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills including both verbal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to competing demands from multiple directions, and balance shifting priorities across a range of stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated ability to work through difficult and stressful situations.
- The ability to deliver work on time and at budget
- Experience with live studio and field productions
- Strong PC computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 lbs, carry out frequent reaching, stretching, twisting and bending.
- Standing for up to two hour at one time, and sitting for extended periods.
- A valid New York State driver’s license and good driving record is required for all WMHT positions.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
4 Global View
Troy, NY 12180