The VP Content and Community Engagement for WMHT provides vision and oversight for multiplatform content (television, digital, streaming, etc.) and community engagement. The VP will be a senior executive who holds overall responsibility for a talented, integrated team in multi-media content, education and community engagement, interactive media and broadcast traffic and video production.
Leading content creation and content distribution strategy for multiple platforms, the VP is responsible for the design, integrity and success of content; also for overall editorial leadership, planning, presentation and supervision. S/he ensures that WMHT’s content is platform-agnostic, highly relevant, engages viewers and users and expands audiences. The VP is in charge of establishing and achieving annual and long-term goals that ensure that the audience engages with WMHT through content and related services.
This position will lead the acquisition, curation, development, creation and evaluation of all general audience programs and other content for broadcast television channels, website, social media, mobile, over-the-top and other platforms.
As the community engagement leader the VP will work closely with the President, Community Advisory Board, and other station departments to deepen the connection to the audience and community. They will help create more of a regional identity. S/he will manage the engagement cycle and current community partnerships to develop new projects and partnerships in the region.
The successful candidate will have a work history that includes experience in a senior leadership position, a deep commitment to community, excellent communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and demonstrated skills in building partnerships across disciplines and organizations. The ability to assemble, motivate and lead a staff in the conception and development of programs across many platforms is imperative as is the desire to play an active and visible role in the community.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Has at least ten years of content and engagement leadership experience in a media environment or other organizations that share the WMHT commitment to community.
- Is an experienced, mission-driven leader who understands how dramatically media is changing, and can use their experience to continue to lead WMHT through the transformation.
- Has knowledge of interactive media, publishing, and other electronic information and emerging communication technologies.
- Is technologically competent, comfortable with and aware of digital and social media, able to keep us abreast and increasingly effective with all different platforms and community engagement.
- Supervisory/management experience is required – must demonstrate an ability to foster high standards and an ability to coach, inspire, and lead.
- Has experience with and knowledge of the ethics and practices of journalism, as well a commitment to and knowledge of the laws and policies affecting its practice.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
If interested and qualified, please contact:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Stanton Chase is ranked within the top 10 global retained search firms with 76 offices in 45 countries. We have 9 specialist industry practice groups that operate as international teams and this gives us a unique opportunity to listen carefully to our clients. Stanton Chase is owned by its partners who take individual responsibility for delivering outstanding quality for each assignment. Stanton Chase is a member of the Association of Executive Search Consultants.
WMHT Educational Telecommunications is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F. Qualified veterans, women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.