WMRA Public Radio at James Madison University is seeking an Account Executive to join the radio sales team. The successful candidate will be a driven sales professional who takes initiative to secure significant business, non-profit and corporate foundation support for WMRA’s operating budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
Meeting established sales goals. Identifying and contacting prospects to secure underwriting revenue. Preparing sales proposals and drafting underwriting copy. Maintaining and upgrading existing relationships with underwriting clients. Representing WMRA at community and station events as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- Previous outside sales experience
- Enthusiasm for sales and promotion
- Outgoing personality and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Outlook
- Familiarity with public radio programming is a plus
- Familiarity with Nielsen ratings and FCC regulations for noncommercial radio underwriting is a plus
James Madison University is committed to a diverse and inclusive community and to maintaining a work and educational environment that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.
All applicants must apply through James Madison University's JobLink system: http://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/5600