WNET is a pioneering public media institution recognized for the integrity, innovation, and inspiration of its programs and initiatives. As a major producer of broadcast and online media for local, national and international audiences, WNET creates award-winning content in the areas of arts and culture, news and public affairs, science and natural history, documentaries, and children’s programming, delivering media experiences of lasting significance for New York and the world.
The Vice President, Development serves as a senior leader for the organization, developing and implementing strategies for all fundraising and development activities, forging new relationships to build visibility, impact and financial resources. Primary responsibility will focus on establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow through the solicitation of major gifts, federal and state grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support. In addition, the VP will work closely with the board of directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role. Managing a team of approximately 60 development professionals, the Vice President, Development leads fundraising efforts to achieve revenue goals in excess of $85MM. Specific responsibilities include:
- Conceptualize, lead and manage fundraising efforts for all Individual and Institutional Giving programs, Membership, Underwriting and Community Relations;
- Leads Board development for short and long range goals for cultivation and stewardship;
- Work closely with the Board of Trustees and Senior Staff to develop and implement a strategy to move the fundraising support of WNET beyond its core relationships, building a pool of donors and trustees with the capacity for leadership giving and/or relationships that advance WNET’s efforts;
- Collaborate with the CFO to implement and manage WNET’s financial strategy;
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program.
Qualified candidates will have a proven track record of accomplishment leading and managing the Development function. The successful candidate will have exemplary interpersonal and communication abilities, the highest level of integrity, outstanding people and financial management skills, high energy, a passion for the promotion and attainment of WNET’s institutional advancement mission, and a natural instinct for securing donors. Specifically, the Vice President, Development should have the following qualifications:
- At least 10 years of experience in development with significant background in strategic planning;
- Knowledge of the New York philanthropic community and ability to leverage existing relationships;
- Demonstrated understanding of all the major functions within Development with experience managing these functions;
- Proven talent for developing relationships and cultivating potential supporters, including experience working at the Board and Trustee level;
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives;
- A team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels inside and outside the organization;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.wnet.org/careers.
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
No phone calls, please. WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.