Multiple award-winning NPR affiliate WNIN-FM is looking for the next person to join the staff at our beautiful, new facility on the banks of the Ohio River in the center of downtown Evansville, Indiana. WNIN is beginning a three year expansion, based on strong support from the community for our service. The expansion has prompted the promotion of our current afternoon host.
This is not an entry level position. The successful candidate will have at least two years experience in broadcast radio operations and be able to locally host drive-time NPR programming.
If you’re interested in this position, we encourage you to ask around about WNIN. We take pride in hiring and supporting exceptional individuals who want to live in and serve our community.
This is a part-time position, 25 hrs/week, M-F, generally 1-6 pm, with evening and weekend hours as needed for remote broadcasts, pledge drives and station events.
- Weekday live-assist hosting of All Things Considered, Monday through Friday.
- Production of automated breaks for weekend, holiday and other time slots as needed.
- Participation in pledge drives and station events as needed.
- Assist with production of other WNIN programming as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree required. Only the most exceptional experience match will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
- Ability to live-assist host high profile drive slots during NPR programming. The successful candidate will have a conversational, active and informative style and delivery.
- Ability to work well across departments at our joint, community licensee public media organization. Ability to work well with volunteers and student interns.
WNIN is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume, cover letter and links to audio samples to Carlin Beckman, Vice President of Finance & Administration, email@example.com. Please reference Job #0619.
Two Main Street
Evansville, IN 47708