Multiple award-winning NPR affiliate WNIN-FM is looking for the next person to join the staff at our beautiful, new facility on the banks of the Ohio River in the center of downtown Evansville, Indiana. WNIN is beginning a three year expansion, based on strong support from the community for our service. The expansion has prompted the promotion of our current director.
This is not an entry level position. The successful candidate will have at least two years experience in broadcast radio operations and traffic and be able to locally host drive-time NPR programming.
If you’re interested in this position, we encourage you to ask around about WNIN. We take pride in hiring and supporting exceptional individuals who want to live in and serve our community.
- Comprehensive oversight of our underwriting contracts, traffic, promotions and the operation of our automated broadcast system. WNIN is acquiring Pro Track Radio traffic software in 2019, which will be fully paired with our ENCO DAD automation. A shared position with our TV station assists with logs and affidavit preparation.
- Regular live-assist local host of All Things Considered and fill-in for Morning Edition. WNIN’s philosophy is to have active hosts, who contribute significant local traffic, weather and other relevant local information within formatted breaks. If you can delight listeners with your style and delivery, we want to talk to you.
- Monitoring of station broadcasts for quality and underwriting fulfillment. This includes notifications and appropriate action to return signal to air.
- Preparation and posting of quarterly issues and music carriage reports.
- Coordination of the WNIN Radio Reading Service. A staff of approximately 50 volunteers schedules and operates the service. The Operations Director acts as the liaison between WNIN and the volunteer staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree required. Only the most exceptional experience match will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
- Two years direct experience in broadcast operations, traffic and automation systems. Pro Track Radio and ENCO DAD experience a plus.
- Ability to live-assist host high profile drive slots during NPR programming. The successful candidate will have a conversational, active and informative style and delivery.
- Ability to work well across departments at our joint, community licensee public media organization. Ability to work well with volunteers and student interns.
WNIN is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume, cover letter and links to audio samples to Carlin Beckman, Vice President of Finance & Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Job #0519.
Two Main Street
Evansville, IN 47708