WSHU Public Radio seeks a Station Manager
The Station Manager works collaboratively with, and supports, WSHU’s General Manager in overall administration, personnel, budgeting, fundraising, financing, public relations, long-term planning for the station, and other duties as assigned.
- Along with the General Manager, assists in maintaining the fiscal integrity of the station through fundraising activities and budget management.
- Assists in the preparation of the station’s annual budget
- Prepares monthly reports for revenue and expense oversight and helps to ensure that the station maintains a balanced budget.
- Oversees financial audits in compliance with CPB regulations, and prepares financial reports.
- Responsible for financial and organizational management of fundraising team; manages a team of 6-10 professionals.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of on-air fundraising drives.
- Oversees creation and editing of marketing/fundraising/promotional materials.
- Represents the station at donor events and community fundraisers.
- Works with management team to prepare and conduct employee performance reviews.
- Assists the management team in the recruitment and hiring of new employees.
The successful candidate will be passionate about public radio, and have an appreciation for classical music. A Bachelor’s degree is required, along with 8 or more years of leadership-level experience. The qualified candidate must possess excellent management and communication skills and a proven ability to motivate, and work collaboratively with, staff and volunteers. Fundraising experience required, and familiarity with area cultural organizations and foundations is helpful. An advanced degree is a plus; public media or non-profit experience is desirable.