The Greater Chattanooga Public Television Corporation (WTCI) seeks a creative and dynamic leader to serve as its President and Chief Executive Officer. This person will report directly to the WTCI Board of Directors, will supervise the members of the executive staff, and will be directly responsible for all station activities and operations.
WTCI began broadcast on March 4, 1970. On July 1, 1984 ownership of WTCI was given to The Greater Chattanooga Public Television Corporation, a not-for-profit community organization. WTCI broadcasts across a 60-mile radius in Southeast Tennessee, Northeast Alabama, North Georgia and the Western tip of North Carolina as a community licensed public television station consistently providing the highest quality educational, informative and entertaining non-commercial programs.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and characteristics:
- Proven executive management experience (public media experience preferred) including immediate, intermediate, and long-term strategic planning skills
- Ability to direct, plan, and organize all operations by providing an innovative and strategic vision to build organizational capacity through successful fundraising, marketing, and cultivation of beneficial community and major donor partnerships
- Ability to creatively execute and implement new revenue streams
- Established ability to lead successfully with a deep understanding of ethical and professional standards and practices
- Ability to lead, attract, and retain experienced and talented team members through proven leadership qualities
- Work collaboratively with the staff to ensure all fiscal, operations, fundraising, marketing, human resource, technology, production, and programming strategies are effectively implemented across all segments of the organization.
- Plays a key role in identifying community partnerships and opportunities for growth and excellence through effective fundraising, teamwork and communication
- Excellent community engagement skills
This position will be responsible for growing revenue by increasing the donor base and underwriting support. This includes driving major and planned-giving campaigns, and personally making donor calls.
Candidates must possess at a minimum a bachelor’s degree and broad management experience in public media, commercial broadcasting, or in allied fields, such as internet media, marketing or related disciplines
Please request a full position description and submit confidential resumes with cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org, reference President-CEO.