WUCF TV and FM has an opening for Broadcast Engineer please apply at: https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/497877/broadcast-technician-i
Job Code: Broadcast Technician I Job no: 497877
Work type: USPS (Staff)
Location: Main Campus (Orlando)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Classification Title: Broadcast Technician I
Job Summary: Assist and back-up the TV/FM Chief Engineer and IT Systems Engineer to provide Television and Radio Engineering and IT installation and maintenance support including office IT infrastructure, TV and FM studios production suites/machines, and Radio/TV Transmitters in a 24x7x365 environment. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, encoders, decoders, automation, A/V and office computer and server systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment.
• Maintain and repair TV/FM equipment as required to keep systems operational and specifying, purchasing and installing new equipment as necessary to include but not limited to FM and TV transmitters, studio-transmitter links, fiber, satellite, receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors, display systems, and radio studios and control rooms including networked audio management platform, including in-studio editing systems.
• Fill in for Chief Engineer during absences. Will act as the backup Chief Operator in the absence of the Chief Engineer.
• Maintaining logs and records as appropriate to meet FCC and CPB requirements.
• Assists in preparation of station license renewal requests. Coordinates the completion of technical studies and the preparation of technical reports.
• Assist Chief Engineer in the design and implementation of engineering design including audio/video workflow and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned.
• Assist the Chief Engineer with management of WUCF owned FM broadcast tower site and insure FCC and FAA compliance with all legal requirements. This includes working with the Director of Technical Operations and Engineering and Chief Engineer on tower lease details and dealing with tower clients, structural engineers tower maintenance companies, UCF grounds maintenance, UCF general counsel, UCF Facilities Planning and Construction and UCF Telecommunications as required.
• Assist the Director of Technical Operations and Engineering, Chief Engineer and IT Systems Engineer with planning, designing and implementing technical facilities improvements and equipment replacement to include implementation of engineering design and audio/video workflows.
• Assists in capital budget and annual operating/maintenance budget recommendations, quote and bid preparation/analysis, and representing projects with vendors and university departments.
• Provide on-call service during nights, vacation coverage and university holidays in accordance with a mutually agreed upon rotating schedule among the professional engineers.
• Serve as second operator and emergency contact during overnight, unattended broadcast operation.
• Provide live in-studio recording sessions and field production support as required for both FM and TV.
• Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD documentation on all work performed on technical systems.
• Work with operations and engineering staff, UCF facilities staff, UCF foundation maintenance team and TV tower owner to maintain and repair technical and physical plant including studios, tower sites, transmitter buildings and office building, to include but not limited to painting, facility repairs including minor plumbing issues, furniture assembly and other operations projects as needed.
• Consult and communicate with operations/engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required.
• Participates in on-air fundraising drives and other station-sponsored events as required.
• Perform special projects or other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2+ years of relevant experience.
• Knowledgeable of FCC and Corporation for Public Broadcasting rules and regulations
• FM Transmitter Operation/Repair
• ENCO/DAD Radio Automation Support
• AMX knowledge/support
• Padapult RDS Management/Support
• Pathfinder Support
• Streaming site support: IRadio, TuneIn, StreamGuys
• Audio and Video live event support including setup, repair and diagnostic support
• TV Transmitter Operation/Repair
• Backup IT support
• Vantage server (Encoder) support
• Closed captioning software support
• Vela broadcast compliance support
• Inception support
• Mira support
• Script cue support
• Expression support
• LiveU support
• EEG caption encoder support
• Strong PC computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
• Cisco Switches
• CAD software
• The ability to deliver work on time and on budget
• Ability to adjust to competing demands from multiple directions, and balance shifting priorities across a range of stakeholder groups
• Effective interpersonal skills including both verbal and communication skills
• Ability to successfully plan, coordinate, and execute tactically and strategically
Annual Salary: Negotiable
Job Posting Open: August 9-22, 2019