The Executive Producer of WUWM’s LAKE EFFECT manages journalists in the production of content for the daily news magazine and ensures that it is consistent with the mission, goals and editorial policies of the station.
Specific duties include:
- Manage WUWM Lake Effect producers including goal-setting, conducting performance reviews as well as assigning topics for interviews.
- Serve as the primary editor and provide final approval for all program output.
- Manage resources including a budget, work schedules and inventory control.
- Manage and / or assign special projects and series.
- Work with the Program Director, News Director and the Digital Services Coordinator to maximize station resources and content across platforms.
- Maintain and enforce WUWM’s ethical standards for news content.
- Serve as fill-in host as needed.
- Represent WUWM at community and in fund raising events.
- Related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years as executive producer, or lead producer of a news interview program similar to Lake Effect
- Minimum of three years managing a staff.
- Minimum of five years in journalism or related field.
- Experience in public radio.
- On-air experience.
Applicants will be expected to provide:
- A resume
- A cover letter that provides evidence that the candidate has experience as executive producer, or lead producer of a news interview program similar to Lake Effect
- Names and contact information for three work references.
- Salary history. (Uploaded as “Other Document 1”)
This is a continuous recruitment. Initial review of applications will begin on August 3, 2019. Applications received after August 2, 2019, may not receive consideration.