Serve as primary anchor of Morning Edition. Blend Wyoming and national news into a cohesive and dynamic listener experience and a must-hear show. Be a strong team member of an established and forward thinking media organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Host daily news magazine; engineer the board, produce Morning Edition local newscasts, edit and rewrite news content, produce 2-ways and occasional features, report and write spot news as needed.
- Host or co-host other station programs and events such as fund drives, live programs, weekly news magazine, as needed.
- Participate in meetings; interact with management and department heads in vision building, audience development, digital production, webcasting, and distribution.
- Edit and assign stories.
- Provide coverage for air shifts in the absence of other broadcast personnel.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: One year in a news organization. Some positions require valid driver's license.
Excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills.
- Three years’ experience in live hosting on public radio.
- NPR caliber writing, reporting, and editing skills.
- Understanding and practice of high journalistic integrity and standards.
- Multi-media skills.
- Familiarity with Core Publisher.
- Fluency in social media.
- Experience in podcasting.
- Familiarity with NPR Code of Ethics as it applies to broadcast positions.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references. Provide at least three work samples that match the requirements of this position in MP3 format to email@example.com.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Wyoming Public Media is a statewide network with four radio channels, and one online service at wyomingpublicmedia.org. The award-winning network has nine full-time reporters including one Report for America reporter, a Nieman Fellow, a natural resources/energy reporter, as well as a reporter who is part of the Mountain West Bureau RJC.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org