The Board of Directors is seeking a President/General Manager who is a mission-focused, business-minded leader with a passion for public media and with the capacity for community engagement. It is critical that the President/General Manager is an idea generator who captures opportunities and explores new ways to expand the WYPR brand and product offerings to serve a broader target audience and strengthen WYPR’s competitive position. The ideal candidate will bring a verifiable community building sensitivity and entrepreneurial spirit to WYPR.
The President/General Manager will oversee all operations and lead an organization of professionals in broadcast and digital content operations, news, engineering, fundraising, corporate underwriting, membership, marketing and communications, board relations, finance, and human resource management. This is a high visibility position in the community with regular interface with board members, key external business partners, and members of the greater Baltimore and Maryland regional arts, education, and public affairs communities.
An ideally qualified candidate will have:
- Experience in managing an organization in public media or a similarly values-driven organization.
- Experience in dealing with a volunteer, non-profit board and in building board capacity.
- Experience in revenue management and content management.
- Proven success in raising funds and managing fundraising campaigns.
- Leadership ability to inspire top performance from staff.
- Strong communication skills and a transparent leadership style.
- Comfort with being the community “face” of WYPR and a desire to seek out engagement with donors, underwriters and community leaders.
- Experience in effectively achieving results with limited resources.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
If interested and qualified, please contact:
Director, Market Research & Talent Acquisition
Stanton Chase International