Chief Revenue/Development Officer
The Chief Revenue/Development Officer will lead the entire fundraising team and build a new business development team focused on strategizing, coordinating, implementing and managing a comprehensive annual development program comprised of individual giving, including major and planned gifts, corporate donations, institutional/government and foundation granting, special events fundraising, capital campaigns, and the innovation of additional raised revenue opportunities.
With an average operating budget of approximately $4M, Youth Radio is entering a period of significant organizational growth and needs to broaden sources of funding. By providing structure and clear action plans, the new Chief Revenue/Development Officer will empower staff and board members to build upon the current base of individual and institutional support by building earned revenue streams. This a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director.
- Deliver on annual revenue targets, planning for aggressive year-over-year increases.
- Participate as a member of the senior leadership team in decision-making, strategic planning, and goal setting for the core annual operating fund
- Manage a portfolio of at least 30 major gift prospects annually and personally solicit gifts of $10,000 and above. Oversee all ongoing development efforts, ensuring engagement with multiple income sources, both individual and institutional, including corporate.
- Provide coaching, guidance and feedback to the Development team on strategy, responsibilities, and professional development.
- Work closely with the executive team to support board members in institutional and individual fundraising,
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing & Communication to advance the institutional profile of the agency and communicate fundraising goals and progress both internally and externally.
- Build our earned revenue strategy and a business development team to support it
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 + years of progressive promotion through development positions in a complex nonprofit institution
- Documented success in cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding individual gifts of $10,000+ and institutional gifts of $100,000+.
- Experience planning, leading and managing development projects with success in fundraising from multiple donor channels, including setting and implementing major gift solicitation strategies and institutional application processes.
- Business development experience with a proven record of creating successful earned revenue streams and innovative strategies to deliver an increase in overall revenue
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated experience coordinating with colleagues to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers/board of directors.
- Ability to develop and present powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising with the capacity to develop & maintain effective working relationships with individuals & organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives & experiences.
Youth Radio is a Peabody Award-winning nonprofit media production company and learning institution that prepares diverse young people for the 21st century digital workplace by offering them hands-on education and employment in journalism, arts, and technology, as well as access to support services like academic advising and mental health care. Partnering with news and music industry professionals and outlets including NPR, The New York Times, and Teen Vogue, students learn to produce content shared with millions, elevating youth perspectives on the most important issues we face.
To apply send resume, cover letter, and samples of work to email@example.com. Please put “Chief Revenue/Development Officer” in subject line. No calls please. Youth Radio is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.