Youth Radio is in a period of rapid growth as we implement a 4-year fundraising campaign to fully implement our strategic plan and grow our budget by 200%. We are seeking a Senior Manager of Institutional Giving to manage and grow Youth Radio's pipeline of institutional supporters for our core operations in Oakland, amounting to approximately $4 million per year. This position reports to the Director of Institutional Giving.
• Expand a well-established institutional (foundations, corporations, government) giving program, maintaining relationships with current core supporters and building a pipeline of new ones.
• Identify top individual and institutional gift prospects who can advance funding priorities through annual and multi-year gifts.
• Manage grant proposals from beginning to end in collaboration with the development team to produce compelling grant requests.
• Manage grant reports for current institutional funders, as well as ongoing stewardship of core institutional gifts.
• Provide leadership on the administrative management of institutional grant files, including overseeing tracking in Salesforce.
• At least 5 years of experience in building and managing an institutional giving pipeline.
• Current knowledge of fundraising trends and the philanthropic landscape in the Bay Area.
• A results-oriented, strategic and collaborative approach to fundraising.
• Grace under pressure, ability to work in a team, and a sense of humor.
Youth Radio is a youth-centered, innovative production company that is cultivating a larger, more engaged audience and building new content channels for our social and online platforms. Our partners include NPR, The New York Times, Pandora and Teen Vogue and an amazing range of creators and audiences. We are the winner of multiple journalism honors including the Peabody, Columbia-DuPont, Kennedy, Murrow, and White House Arts and Humanities Awards.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, as well as a collaborative, focused and fun work environment in the heart of downtown Oakland, CA with lots of super-creative teens and young adults.
To apply send resume, cover letter, and samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Senior Manager of Institutional Giving” in subject line. No calls please. Youth Radio is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.