CPB distributes community service grants (CSGs) to noncommercial public television and radio stations that provide significant public service programming to their communities. CSGs help stations expand the quality and scope of their work, whether in educational, news, public affairs or other programming—all of which represent an immeasurable value to the American people. Applicant and current recipient stations must each year meet a variety of legal, managerial, staffing and operational criteria for CSG funding.
- Harassment Prevention Training Program
- CSG Non-Compliance Policy
- Communications Act Compliance
- Compliance Hotline: (202) 879-9655
- Compliance Checklist 2016 170KB PDF
- Compliance Card 2017 429KB PDF
- Compliance Alerts:
- Financial Reporting Guidelines for CSG ( AFR and FSR)
- Discrete Accounting Requirements
- Principles of Accounting and Financial Reporting
- In-Kind Donations
- Station Activity Survey (SAS)
- Station Activities Benchmarking Survey (SABS)
- Local Content and Service Report
- NFFS Decision Charts PDF 110KB
Additional Documents and Resources
Integrated Station Information System
The CSG legal forms as well as reporting tools (AFR, FSR, SABS, and SAS) can be found on the integrated station information system.
CPB provides pre-recorded and live training sessions on financial reporting, completing forms and CSG compliance. To view or sign up for training, visit our training site.