Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Assist morning host with program preparation, newscasts, interviews, and other duties. This full-time exempt position reports to the News Director.
· Prepare scripts and audio for air in NewsBoss content software management software
· Record and log network content for time shifting
· Produce and prepare hosts and guests for recorded or live interviews
· Coordinate audio and written content with the newsroom
· Participate in the sound design of the program
· Research, report, write, and produce spot and feature stories for WESA on-air and digital platforms
· Attend station events and assist in educational outreach activities
· Other possible duties include: posting to social media sites, additional audio production, participate in on-air and online fundraising as needed
Qualifications and Skills Required
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism-related field or equivalent experience / training
· At least one year of experience as a radio or news producer, preferably in public radio
· Proficiency with digital audio editing, studio technology and practices, and digital content
· Sound and ethical news judgment, with a commitment to objectivity, balance and fairness
· Strong writing skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
· Creativity and sound judgment in social media usage
· An understanding of the NPR audience and news style
· Familiarity with the NPR news magazine clocks, their structure, and elements
· Good interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Shift: Monday to Friday, 4:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation offers:
Salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid medical leave, 403(b) plan with matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays and a workplace culture that is fun, diverse and innovative.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter, resume, at least three samples of work relevant to this position, and three references to email@example.com. In your response, let us know how you heard about the position.
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.