KCPW 88.3FM, a public radio station serving the greater Salt Lake Valley, has opened a new, part-time position to join our supportive and team-oriented working environment, and help advance KCPW’s public service mission. The position will coordinate the station’s three annual pledge drives and help create annual strategies to develop overall growth of individual giving. This position will be responsible for executing the engagement strategies that raise more than half of the station’s annual operating budget through two, week-long pledge drives in the Spring and Fall and one, mini year-end drive in December. This position is chiefly responsible for soliciting challenge grants and food donations for pledge drive as well as pledge drive-related print, digital and on-air communication.
On-air since 1992, and broadcasting from the Denkers Studio on Library Square in Salt Lake City, KCPW Public Radio 88.3 FM is the Salt Lake Valley’s first, 24-hour, news and information outlet providing listeners with a complete spectrum of thought-provoking, local, national, and international, public radio programming. KCPW is a space on the local radio dial that encourages engagement, satisfies curiosity, and builds community.
Description of Duties
- Develop relationships with local business, nonprofits, foundations, and individuals for challenge grants, food, and/or services for pledge drives.
- Pitch on-air with KCPW staff, challenge grantors, and volunteers during spring and fall pledge drives and the year-end mini drive.
- Produce digital communication (emails, web posts, and social media) for each pledge drive.
- Produce three pledge drive mailers each year.
- Create phone scripts for inbound and outbound pledge calls.
- Write support spots for pledge drive announcements, mission message, programming genre support spots and post-drive thank you spots; and work with the operations director to produce and air.
- Coordinate national program on-air fundraising campaign spots, working with national program representatives and the operations director to air.
- Coordinate pledge drive-related graphics.
- Work with membership coordinator to ensure consistent messaging in acknowledgement, recognition, and communications for members and pledge drive challenge grantors and food donors.
- Communicate with and schedule volunteers during pledge drives.
- Maintain pledge drive schedules for hosts, volunteers, and challenge grantors.
- Work with membership coordinator to ensure appropriate coding in the Allegiance database to track pledge drive donations.
- Make sure thank-you gifts and other details on air and online are accurate, working with the membership coordinator to make changes.
- Report on campaign results and analyze year to year campaign data to inform campaign strategy.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Be highly motivated, enthusiastic and possess desire to achieve
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail orientation and dedication to error-free work product
- Basic HTML skills; experience with WordPress a plus
- Must have a strong customer/client service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in work product and in organizational interactions
- Thorough attention to detail
- Knowledge of public broadcasting
- Experience in fundraising, events, development, or marketing preferred
- Passion for the mission of public radio
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Lauren Colucci at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.