CPB Board of Directors to hold Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C., October 15-16, 2018
Oct 04, 2018
The CPB Board of Directors will hold its annual meeting in Washington, D.C., on Monday, October 15, 2018, from 9:30 am – 5:30 pm, and Tuesday, October 16, 2018, from 9:30 – 11:00 am.
On the draft agenda:
Day 1 (October 15):
- Approval of Minutes (public and executive sessions)
- Chair’s and Directors’ Remarks
- President’s Report to the Board
- Legislative Update
- Update on Innovation in Education
- Update on ATSC 3
- Update on Music Licensing and Other Rights Issues (executive session)
- Committee Chair Report
- Review and Approval of FY 2019 Operating Budget
- Review of Business Plan (public and executive sessions)
Day 2 (October 16):
- Annual Code of Ethics Certification and Review of Conflict of Interests Policy
- Affirmative Action Plan
- Update from the Inspector General
- Discussion of Calendar Year 2019 Meeting Dates and Locations
- Election of Chair and Vice Chair
- Future Agenda Items
With the exception of the executive sessions, the public may attend and listen to these meetings in the Blair-Killian Board Room, Corporation for Public Broadcasting, 401 Ninth Street, NW, Washington, D.C.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), a private, nonprofit corporation created by Congress in 1967, is the steward of the federal government’s investment in public broadcasting. It helps support the operations of more than 1,500 locally owned and operated public television and radio stations nationwide. CPB is also the largest single source of funding for research, technology and program development for public radio, television and related online services. For more information, visit cpb.org, follow us on Twitter @CPBmedia, Facebook and LinkedIn and subscribe for other updates.