CPB Board of Directors to Meet in Nashville, Tennessee, May 29, 2019
May 20, 2019
The CPB Board of Directors will meet in Nashville, Tennessee on Wednesday, May 29, 2019 from 8:30 – 11:30 am Central Time.
On the draft agenda:
- Approval of Minutes (public and executive session)
- A Conversation with Ken Burns, filmmaker, Country Music
- Chair’s and Directors’ Remarks
- Resolution of Condolence for Jack Galmiche, president and CEO, Nine Network
- President’s Report
- Update on Content and Engagement (portions in executive session)
- Discussion and Resolution of Goals and Objectives
- Board Committee Appointments
- Discussion of Legal Matter (executive session)
- Future Agenda Items
With the exception of the executive session, the public may attend and listen to these meetings in the BMI Hall located on the fourth floor of the Country Music Hall of Fame, 222 Fifth Avenue South, Nashville, Tennessee.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), a private, nonprofit corporation created by Congress in 1967, is the steward of the federal government’s investment in public broadcasting. It helps support the operations of more than 1,500 locally owned and operated public television and radio stations nationwide. CPB is also the largest single source of funding for research, technology and program development for public radio, television and related online services. For more information, visit cpb.org, follow us on Twitter @CPBmedia, Facebook and LinkedIn and subscribe for other updates.