CPB Board of Directors to Meet in Washington, D.C., March 18-19, 2019
Mar 05, 2019
The CPB Board of Directors will meet in Washington, D.C., on Monday, March 18, 2019, from 1:30 – 5:15 p.m. and on Tuesday, March 19, 2019, from 9:30 – 11:15 a.m.
On the draft agenda:
- Approval of Minutes (public session)
- Chair’s and Directors’ Remarks
- Resolution of Condolence for Gary Shivers
- Election of Board Chair
- Calendar Year 2019 Board Meeting Dates and Locations discussion
- President’s Report to the Board
- Legislative Update
- Committee Chair Report
- Journalism Update
- Education Update
- Update on Community Service Grant (CSG) Eligibility Requirements
- Update on Public Safety
- Approval of Minutes (executive session)
- Update on PBS Interconnection (executive session)
- Renewal of External Audit Firm (executive session)
- Update on CPB Office Reconstruction (executive session)
- Future Agenda Items
With the exception of the executive sessions, the public may attend and listen to these meetings in the Blair-Killian Board Room, Corporation for Public Broadcasting, 401 Ninth Street, NW, Washington, D.C.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), a private, nonprofit corporation created by Congress in 1967, is the steward of the federal government’s investment in public broadcasting. It helps support the operations of more than 1,500 locally owned and operated public television and radio stations nationwide. CPB is also the largest single source of funding for research, technology and program development for public radio, television and related online services. For more information, visit cpb.org, follow us on Twitter @CPBmedia, Facebook and LinkedIn and subscribe for other updates.