Senior Staff Assistant
Jazz 91.9 WCLK
Under direct supervision of the General Manager, the Staff Specialist is responsible for the administration of budgets, restricted, unrestricted and special fundraising accounts. Processes the flow and tracking of requisitions and acquisitions. Controls the flow of incoming phone calls, visitors, and invited guests. Prepares and distributes incoming/outgoing mail, provides typing, filing and tracking of correspondence; aids Station Manager in the fulfillment of office policy and procedures. Responsible for travel and meeting arrangements as well as student vouchers.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilites
- Maintains and tracks four separate budgets, including restricted, unrestricted and special fundraising accounts, prepares budget reports, interfaces with budget office on a routine basis.
- Tracks and monitors all incoming and outgoing invoices, payments, and budgetary paperwork including vendor payments, travel, and office reimbursements.
- Maintains office equipment and schedules routine repairs and supplies. Keeps abreast of latest office technologies.
- Composes and processes office correspondence as directed.
- Backs up front office receptionist activities, handling office visitors, answering and routing calls and performing related activities.
- Supervises work study students and prepares staff and student bi-weekly time sheets processing.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; requisitions supplies, equipment and materials as needed and/ or requested.
- Handles meeting facilitation and travel arrangements for General Manager and staff.
- Receives personnel information, types contracts, and distributes paychecks to staff.
- Assists on special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Possesses excellent experience in word processing and expertise in database management.
- Possesses effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work autonomously in an office setting.
- In conscientious about the confidential nature of the work produced by the Continuing Education and Summer School Programs.
- Has knowledge of general office procedure and conduct.
- Is able to operate various types of office equipment.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Must possess an A.A. degree in Secretarial Science or its equivalent, high school diploma (or GED) and at least five (5) years related experience.
Send application materials to:
Clark Atlanta University
Harkness Hall, Room 218
CPB is not responsible for the accuracy of the information in the job announcements or for any aspect of the hiring process for non-CPB job announcements in the Jobline. Please send all applications for non-CPB jobs to the appropriate station or entity.
Jazz 91.9 WCLK
June 10, 2013
Open Until Filled