Continuing CPB's commitment to helping public media leaders innovate for the future while meeting the needs of local, diverse audiences, CPB has engaged the Poynter Institute for Media Studies to develop and provide a new, customized Digital Transformation Program that can accommodate up to 75 public media general managers. This nine-month virtual program comprises a customized curriculum designed for public media general managers. The program run by Poynter will identify strategies and best practices to help you adapt your organizational culture to more effectively deploy a digital-first, audience-centric approach. The program will provide coaching and resources to help stations become more agile and leverage digital content, platforms, and data to maximize business outcomes, including growing and engaging new and existing public media audiences and converting them to loyal members and donors.
In addition to one-on-one and peer group coaching sessions, the program will include a series of educational webinars, work exercises, and resource materials that span the program curriculum. The program will be delivered to four groups of up to 20 public media leaders and their station's personnel at one time. The groups will have staggered start and end dates over the course of two years, with a new group starting every three months.
In partnership with Poynter, we will be delivering a series of Webinars, beginning on Sept. 14, to various public media affinity groups to provide a detailed overview of the new program. The full schedule is:
- September 14, 2021, 4:00 - 5:00 pm EST -- Major Market Group (MMG)
- September 15, 2021, 4:00 - 5:00 pm EST -- University Licensee Association (ULA)
- September 17, 2021, 2:00 - 3:00 pm EST -- Station Resource Group (SRG)
- September 23, 2021, 4:00 - 5:00 pm EST -- California Public Radio and Western States Public Radio (WSPR)
- September 24, 2021, 1:00 - 2:00 pm EST -- Public Radio in Mid-America (PRIMA) and Eastern Region Public Media (ERPM)
- September 27, 2021, 2:00 - 3:00 pm EST -- Organization for State Broadcasting Executives (OSBE)
- September 28, 2021, 3:00 - 4:00 pm EST -- Small Station Association (SSA)
- September 29, 2021, 4:00 - 5:00 pm EST -- National Federation of Community Broadcasters (NFCB)
- September 30, 2021, 2:00 - 3:00 pm EST -- Joint License Group (JLG)
- October 1, 2021, 3:00 - 4:00 pm EST -- The National Educational Telecommunications Association (NETA)
To apply, please fill out the application form.
The deadline to apply is October 15th, 2021.
Memorandum of Understanding
Before completing the application, please read the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
The MOU describes the commitment required from the GM and their staff to participate. Please ensure you review the MOU before submitting your application. If accepted to the program, you'll be asked to sign the MOU.
Program Overview Deck
- Program Overview Deck PDF 573KB