UPDATED January 9, 2015
In anticipation of a U.S. Department of Education ("ED") Request for Proposals ("RFP") for a new round of Ready To Learn ("RTL") grants, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting ("CPB") seeks a research organization to serve as its research partner ("Partner"). The Partner will:
- Assist CPB, PBS, and their content and outreach partner(s) in developing and writing the RTL proposal, the research and evaluation section in particular. The proposal will lay out an intended but modifiable five-year research and evaluation plan; and
- Serve as CPB's RTL research and evaluation partner should CPB receive a new RTL award.
The research and evaluation plan is expected to include the following:
- National research and evaluation studies of RTL content and outreach/engagement activities implemented in diverse sites throughout the United States;
- Integration of research with content and outreach development activities;
- Quick turnaround studies on the learning potential of newly developed content;
- Local research and evaluation studies in partner public media station communities;
- Technical assistance to partner public media stations related to their local evaluation efforts;
- Conversion of study interventions into resources for public media stations, their partners, and other educators; and
- Strong communication and dissemination of research findings.
The Partner is expected to work closely and flexibly with CPB, PBS, content producers, outreach partners, and partner public media stations during all phases of the project.